Wednesday 7 January 2009

Bilbao

As we are talking about hometowns, I'll tell you about the city where I was born.

I was born in Bilbao, in a hospital which is found in Deusto, but I've lived in Basauri since I was a child. This village is 8 minutes far from Bilbao by car. But I'm going to talk you about Bilbao, because I stay most of my time here.

Bilbao is in the Basque Country, it's a very attractive city so I'm sure you'll enjoy my article, and you'll want to come!


In Bilbao you can visit a lot of places like
the Guggenheim, which is well-known.
The Guggenheim was made by Frank Ghery, an american man.


However, there are other many places to visit, like the museum "Bellas Artes", the seven streets, the "Euskalduna" and the "Arriaga" theatre.
"Bellas Artes" actually is one of the best museums of paint and sculture of Spain.
Also, many students come to Bilbao because here we can find a good university which is called Deusto. It was founded in 1886 by the jesuits.

Bilbao is a tourist place because its traditional gastronomy. For example: "Bacalao al pil-pil", "Marmitako"...In all Bilbao's restaurants you can eat well without spending too much money.
Bilbao's fiestas are in summer, august. Although I'm out during those days my friends have shown me some photos where I can appreciate that they have good time.

No comments: